Explore Little Ocmulgee State Park
Little Ocmulgee State Park is a tranquil 1,360-acre Georgia state park located 2 miles north of McRae on the Little Ocmulgee River.
The park’s history dates back to the 1930s, when it was first constructed by members of the Civilian Conservation Corps around the natural diversion of the Little Ocmulgee River which created a lake. This 256-acre lake features a small beach and is close to the Wallace Adams golf course.
One of the distinctive features of the park is the soil, which along the Ocmulgee River and the Little Ocmulgee is a fine white sand, providing the lake with a delightful beach. The park also features the 2.6-mile Oak Ridge Trail, where hikers can admire a stand of turkey oaks, cypress and oak swamps. Two of Georgia’s rare species, the harmless Indigo snake and the gopher tortoise may be seen from the trail.
Other park features include 7 picnic shelters, a group shelter, a group camp, and an amphitheater.
Park Hours: 7AM-10PM
Annual passes available
Accommodations & Facilities
- 60 Lodge Rooms
- 54 Campsites
- 10 Cabins
- 7 Picnic Shelters
- 2 Group Shelters
- 1 Pioneer Camp
- Group Reservations & Reunions
Things To Do & See
- Tennis on lighted courts
- Swimming in the private pool
- Lake swimming on a sandy beach
- Championship golf on the Wallace Adams Golf Course
- Hiking on the park’s 2.6 mile-long nature trail.
- Children's Splash Pad
- Liberty Square: Downtown McRae at the intersection of Highways 341 and 441.
- Old South Georgia College Auditorium: College Street, one block off Highway 441 in McRae, Georgia.
- Talmadge Home: 5 miles south of McRae on Highway 341.
- General Coffee State Park and Heritage Farm: Near Douglas, Georgia
- Jefferson Davis Memorial Historic Site and Confederate Museum: Located in Fitzgerald, Georgia
- SAM Shortline Southwest Georgia Excursion Train: Cordele, Georgia
- Vidalia: Home of the world's sweetest onion. Vidalia Onion Festival third weekend in May.
- Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area: Located off Georgia Highway 117 East. Check station is four miles from Jacksonville, Georgia.
- Muskhogean Wildlife Management Area: Located off Georgia Highway 117 West. Check station is two miles from Jacksonville, Georgia.