Things To Do in McRae and Neighboring Areas
Enjoy a game of tennis on the lighted courts, swimming in the private pool or on the lake’s sandy beach, a round of championship golf on the Wallace Adams Golf Course, or a hike on the park’s 2.6 mile-long nature trail.
- Liberty Square: Downtown McRae at the intersection of Highways 341 and 441.
- Old South Georgia College Auditorium: College Street, one block off Highway 441 in McRae, Georgia.
- Talmadge Home: 5 miles south of McRae on Highway 341.
- General Coffee State Park and Heritage Farm: Near Douglas, Georgia
- Jefferson Davis Memorial Historic Site and Confederate Museum: Located in Fitzgerald, Georgia
- SAM Shortline Southwest Georgia Excursion Train: Cordele, Georgia
- Vidalia: Home of the world's sweetest onion. Vidalia Onion Festival third weekend in May.
- Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area: Located off Georgia Highway 117 East. Check station is four miles from Jacksonville, Georgia.
- Muskhogean Wildlife Management Area: Located off Georgia Highway 117 West. Check station is two miles from Jacksonville, Georgia.
- War Memorial Downtown Alamo
- Annual Independence Day Celebration held the Saturday before July 4th in Downtown Alamo
- Sweetwater Horse Event Park at 137 E Second St, Glenwood, GA on US Hwy 280 E, 1 mile west of Oconee River at city limits.